Lazada Philippines

Chicken Delish : Home of Gourmet Wings


When I post various articles on my blog, I have the pleasure of publicizing the things that I like and what I like about them. More than that, there are occasions that I get to bring something new and yet-to-be-noticed into view. How I love talking about anything under the sun, ‘cause I’m a chatterbox by nature!

One such occasion is when I visited the Best Food Forward food fair at the NBC Tent in Bonifacio Global City. With the aroma of good food filling the air, I couldn’t choose where to lead first my extra-empty stomach that I prepared especially for this event. Sometime in the middle of my expedition, I came across a fellow blogger of mine, Annalyn Jusay-Zoglmann, behind a stall handling chickens instead of in front of one clicking away at a camera. Turns out that she is the owner of the one and only Chicken Delish located at the Caltex Gas station in Better Living, Paranaque City. Just like in this event, she participated in other bazaars like the Midnight Mercato in the Fort to gain further exposure for her product.



I got myself two helpings of her product, each with a different flavor, a different twist. One I had with Pinoy barbecue, and the other sweet and spicy, and I must say, I had a pretty good time munching on it.


What exactly did I just have anyway? Her special product is home-style chicken made gourmet with the various sauces that she personally concocted. What do I like about it and what sets it apart from everything else? There are lots for me to talk about! For one, I’d come to think that I’m just like any other Pinoy, with a fondness for sauces and dips, as I have observed in gatherings and celebrations. Most foods would have at least one kind of sauce or dip if it isn’t served with soup. Second, for such a delicious catch, the prices are quite affordable. Four-piece chicken wings cost only P90 while two-piece drumsticks are at P120. Third, it is exactly because it is home-styled that it is like no other, just as the saying goes, “there is no place like home”. While she admits to referring to the internet, something that anybody wouldn’t be able to deny doing nowadays, she had modified them to suit the taste of her family, as she had originally only served it to her family until she got the brilliant idea of making it into a business to share her culinary flair with others who might take a liking to her product. Fourth, its array of sauces can make any fan of fried chicken be able to eat it everyday without getting tired of it. Sweet and spicy, Pinoy barbecue, sriracha (Thai hot sauce mixed with butter and honey), Pinoy buffalo, these are some of its current sauce variants, so it’s like having the same thing but a different thing everyday. Of course, she is under constant experimentation for the continuous innovation of her specialty product and be able to bring something new to the table every now and then. Fifth, the product appeals to consumers of varying tastes, whether they go for things different or stick to the traditional. While there are the different sauce flavors, there are chicken seasoned with plain salt and pepper. There are fried chicken with gravy usually requested by kids, and there are traditional buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing usually requested by guys. Finally, all else aside, I’m a mom and everything homey is at home in me.

Surely, her journey to success would not be easy, as with any other endeavor, but I wish for her that the rewards will be as sweet as the road is rough.

"It is my dream to open more stores and then perhaps I can fulfill my wish to retire from my 9 to 5 job. Am glad to say that I've had a customer who's eaten our fried chicken with sauce everyday for the last two months. It is quite addicting!"—Annalyn 

Annalyn Jusay-Zoglmann,

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...