I remember watching Robocop and Total Recall years ago and it show how robotics has been part of the movie.
Technology has really gone a long way and it now not only part of the movies we watch but part of our everyday lives as well. There is robotics in semi-conductor companies and recently I had the opportunity to be able to experience to use one for surgery
It was really amazing on my part and it was actually hard at first and I was just doing some random stuff like picking up jackstone and putting it inside a container.But that just the tip of the iceberg I may say because Robotic Surgery has help a lot for the benefit of the patients.
click here for more photos
click here for more photos
Thing you need to understand about Robotic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery allows the individuals opt for a less traumatic approach to their care.
- Robotic Surgery easily avoids all the complications brought about by most operations
- Robotic Surgery target difficult and hard to reach areas.
- Robotic Surgery Program targets a tight area in the body.
- The advantage of robotic surgeries is manifold. Compared to open surgeries, it only makes tiny incisions on the patient’s body where holes are made. As in laparoscopic procedures.
- With Robotic Surgery, doctors can operate the robot through a console that allows him to see the inside of the patient without having to open him up.
- With Robotic Surgery, the patient has smaller incisions; the chances of infection from external causes are minimized.
- Robotic Surgery is less traumatic, less, bloody, cause less pain post operatively and promotes faster recovery.
- Robotic Surgery patients can leave the hospital in just a day or two
- Patients of Robotic Surgery can move easily, eat well after the procedure compared with open surgery
- Robotic Surgery patients experience less pain, less stress and less agony
- With Robotic Surgery, patients no longer fear surgeries and their after effects on their bodies
- Robotic Surgery provide alternative to both traditional open and conventional laparoscopic surgery, putting the doctors hand at the controls of a state of the art robotic platform
- Robotic surgery enables doctor to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision
Robotic Surgery Now Available at The Medical City
The Medical City has been offering robotic surgery since 2010 for procedures. This signal its position as one of the most technologically advanced health institution in the country at part with leading centers. Doctors at the Medical City have been using this innovation for urological, colorectal, and gynecological procedures, which focus on sensitive parts of the human body. The Medical City has highly qualified personnel to perform robotic surgeries, form doctors to nurses. All of them trained with the leading health institutions abroad.
For more information about The Medical City’s Robotics Program, you may call the department of Surgery at 9881000 or 9887000 ext. 6288 or visit themedicalcity.com